Cronkite Equipment Lab
Explore our wide range of audio, photography and video equipment, just for Cronkite students.
Browse the Lab’s available equipment by class.
Students who borrow equipment from the Lab must sign an agreement; review it here.
Watch quick video tutorials for operating Cronkite equipment.
In person: The Equipment Lab is located on the 6th floor of the Cronkite Building in Downtown Phoenix. View operating hours
Review Cronkite’s equipment policy.
How it works
Who can borrow equipment? Students in eligible Cronkite courses may check out gear from the Cronkite Equipment Lab. Permission to borrow gear varies by course, and escalates as your coursework and skills advance. Students may not check out equipment for student clubs or student media activities.
How does it work? Eligible students must complete the following steps to check out equipment.
1. Complete the Cronkite Equipment Lab Agreement. Once the completed agreement is accepted by the Lab, a Cheqroom invite will be sent to your ASU.edu email (first-time users only; returning students will have their previous accounts reactivated).
3. Use Cheqroom to reserve your desired gear for a day and time you select. Students may check out gear for up to 3 days; students who need additional time must email or call the Equipment Lab coordinator with a detailed request.
4. Watch for an email reminder and a notification in the Cheqroom app confirming your reservation.
5. Visit the Cronkite Equipment Lab (CRONK608) at the date and time of your reservation. Approach the counter and provide your Sun Card. Gear will not be loaned without a valid Sun Card.
6. Students assume responsibility for gear the moment it leaves the Equipment Lab: Before you leave the counter, check all gear for flaws and missing components, and ensure it is charged and in working order. Students are responsible for any gear or accessory that is damaged or missing upon return.
7. After you’ve used the gear, return it to the Equipment Lab by or before the deadline. Students must check the gear in with Equipment Lab staff; do not abandon gear at the door. Students must notify staff of any damage, faulty features or missing accessories. Be sure to take your memory card with you!