Cronkite Content Creation Challenge 2024
Create content, win cash. This challenge is open to any Arizona high school student.
Create content and win!
Arizona high schoolers: Put your skills to the test in the inaugural Cronkite Content Creator Challenge! In this statewide competition, high school students are challenged to create a captivating short video that highlights their community and their content creation ability. Students: Build your professional content portfolio and impact your community while vying for a $500 prize for you and your teacher! Teachers: By creating digital content with a goal in mind, students flex their skills and harness their creativity while making a difference in their community through strategic communication.
Pretend that you’ve been hired by your city or town to create Instagram content that increases tourism. Create a vertical video (in the style of Instagram Reels) that inspires tourists to visit by showing off the hidden beauties of your community. Anything goes! Your video topic can be (but isn’t limited to):
- Free things to do in your town
- Best places to eat
- Activities to do with your family
- Fun facts about your town
- Exploring nature
- A key person in your community
Entries must follow the submission guidelines below. Each submission will be judged by a panel of Cronkite School faculty and alumni on their clarity and accuracy; creativity and originality; production and mechanics; adherence to instructions; and by how well the entry addresses the goal of developing interest in tourism.
What You’ll Win
The winning entry will receive:
- A $500 prize to the student
- A $500 prize to the student’s teacher, advisor or media mentor
- A 30-minute mentorship session with Cronkite faculty in the student’s field of interest
How to Enter
Eligible participants must submit entries by February 28, 2024, via the submission form (click the “Submit your content” button), being careful to follow the submission guidelines below. The winner will be announced on or before March 15, 2024.
Contest Guidelines and Eligibility
Entrants must follow these guidelines and eligibility standards:
- The Cronkite Content Creator Challenge is open to all students currently enrolled in a high school located within the state of Arizona.
- The entry must be the original work of an individual student. Team submissions are not allowed.
- Copyrighted materials (such as music and video to which the entrant does not own the rights) may not be used.
- Submissions must meet the following guidelines. Submissions must be:
- 120 seconds or fewer;
- Recorded vertically for mobile viewing;
- Saved in an .mp4 file type;
- Uploaded to a cloud drive (e.g. Google Drive, DropBox) and submitted as a shareable link.
- Submissions published on Instagram, TikTok or other platforms will not be considered.
- Students must obtain permission of a parent or guardian to submit a contest entry and the required ASU Model Release Form.
Arizona State University may use, reproduce, publish and/or display submitted entries. Entries do not become the property of Arizona State University. Entries will not be returned. Only complete entries submitted between November 30, 2023, and January 31, 2024, are eligible. Entries that are incomplete, not viewable and/or received outside the contest dates will not be judged.
Submit your content creation
Submit your creation by February 28, 2024