Cronkite Endowment Board of Trustees
The Cronkite Endowment Board of Trustees was created in 1983 to support the Cronkite School. The board is composed of top media leaders from across Phoenix, the nation’s fifth largest city, and from around the Valley. Newspaper editors and publishers, television and radio station general managers, magazine editors and publishers, public relations executives and other industry leaders all serve on the board.
Cronkite School Dean Christopher Callahan calls the Cronkite Endowment Board of Trustees “the most influential and hardest working board of its type in journalism education.” The board meets quarterly to plan the school’s annual Cronkite Luncheon, at which the Cronkite Award for Excellence in Journalism is presented each year to a leading journalist. The event is one of the most popular in the Valley, with more than 1,000 people attending.
The board provides important counsel and advice to the dean on a wide array of issues facing the journalism school. Board members also regularly offer internships to Cronkite students, and many personally mentor students.
“The Cronkite Endowment Board is one of our school’s biggest assets,” Callahan said. “The board’s partnership with and dedication to the Cronkite School through the years has helped create a world-class journalism program.”
David Bodney, partner at Steptoe & Johnson LLP, is the board president.
- David Bodney, partner, Ballard Spahr LLP: president
- John Misner, chief operating officer, Republic Media: immediate past president
- Christopher Callahan, dean, Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication
- Kristin Bloomquist, executive vice president and general manager, Cramer-Krasselt: chair, Mentoring Committee
- Tom Chauncey, attorney, Gust Rosenfeld: chair, Nominations Committee
- John Hatfield, vice president of communications, APS: chair, Development Committee
- Anita Helt, vice president and general manager, ABC15/KNXV-TV: chair, Outreach and Diversity Committee
- Win Holden, publisher, Arizona Highways Magazine: chair, Assessment Committee
- Susan Karis, group publisher, Cities West Publishing: co-chair, Luncheon Committee
- Matt Silverman, vice president and managing director, R&R Partners: co-chair, Luncheon Committee
- Lynn Agnello
- Ray Artigue, principal, The Artigue Agency
- Susan Bitter Smith, executive director, Southwest Cable Communications Association
- Art Brooks, president and CEO, Arizona Broadcasters Association
- Paula Casey, executive director, Arizona Newspapers Association
- Jack Clifford, president, Clifford Consulting
- Araceli De Leon, regional vice president, Telemundo Arizona
- Michael Dee, president, Arizona Foothills Magazine
- David Eichler, founder and creative director, Decibel Blue Creative Marketing & PR
- Elvira Espinoza
- Kristin Gilger, associate dean, Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication
- Derrick Hall, president and CEO, Arizona Diamondbacks
- Don Henninger, publisher, Phoenix Business Journal
- Michael Hiatt, publisher, Scottsdale Magazine
- Brian Hogan, senior vice president and general manager, FOX Sports Arizona
- Richard Howe, executive vice president and general manager, national sales manager, KAZT-TV
- Laura Jordan, owner, The Jordan Group Inc.
- Ginger Lamb, vice president and publisher, Arizona Capitol Times
- Randy Lovely, editor and vice president-news, The Arizona Republic
- Fran Mallace, vice president, Cox Media
- Kelly McCullough, general manager, Eight/KAET
- Joe Milner, professor emeritus
- Art Mobley, senior vice president broadcasting, ETA 3D Natural Sound
- Manny Molina, president and CEO, Molina Media
- Mary Morrison, Mary M Media
- Ed Munson, general manager, KPHO-TV 5
- Nick Nicholson, president and general manager, KTVK-TV/3TV Arizona’s Family
- Jim Paluzzi, vice president, division of public service, Rio Salado College, KJZZ/KBAQ
- Tim Pohlman, senior vice president and market manager, CBS Radio
- Jose Rodiles, general manager, Riviera Broadcast Group
- Mark Rodman, vice president and general manager, FOX 10/KSAZ-TV Phoenix
- Robert Stieve, editor, Arizona Highways Magazine
- Scott Sutherland, vice president and market manager, Bonneville Media
- Loren Tapahe, publisher, Arizona Native Scene
- James Taszarek, president, TazMedia Inc.
- Diane Veres, president and general manager, Clear Channel Outdoor
- Clancy Woods, president, D Mobile Inc.
- Roberto Yañez, vice president and general manager, Univision 33 & TeleFutura 35
- John Zidich, publisher, The Arizona Republic