- About the School
- Welcome from Dean Callahan
- School News
- Calendar of Events
- Event Videos
- Tours and Visits
- History of the Cronkite School
- Cronkite Building Video
- Timeline of the Cronkite School
- Downtown Phoenix Campus
- Cronkite in the News
- The Cronkite Journal
- Academic Integrity
- Diversity Principles
- Social Media Guidelines
- ACEJMC Values
- Walter Cronkite
- Undergraduate Programs
- Undergraduate Programs
- Prospective Students
- Combined Bachelor's and Master's
- Sports Journalism at Cronkite
- Business Journalism Specialization
- Latino Specialization
- Meteorology Minor
- Sustainability Minor
- Minor in Public Service & Public Policy
- Minor of Media Analysis
- Online Degree in Media Studies
- Cronkite Student Life
- Cronkite Leadership Academy
- English Grammar Exams
- Major Map
- Dean's List
- Graduate Programs
- Reaching Beyond Campus
- Reynolds Business Journalism Center
- Scripps Howard Entrepreneurship Institute
- Meredith-Cronkite Fellowship Program
- Media Partnerships
- Paul J. Schatt Memorial Lecture
- Philanthropy in Journalism Sessions
- McCormick Census Training
- Disability & Journalism Center
- Diversity Projects
- Institute for High School Journalism
- Cronkite Global Initiatives
- Cronkite New Media Academy
- Giving to the School
- Contact Us
Discover Phoenix Returns for 2nd Year
Aug. 21, 2012
Arizona State University is offering the “Discover Phoenix” series on the Downtown Phoenix campus to help students engage with the thriving community that surrounds them.
The program exposes students to a wide range of cultural, sports and entertainment options near campus. This year’s lineup features events ranging from a community bike ride to a comedy showcase to arts and cultural festivals.
“This year, we strove to make the series eclectic, offering something for the variety of tastes and interests we know students have,” said Liz Smith, outreach director for the university vice provost’s office on the Downtown Phoenix campus. “The season kicks off with a local favorite, the First Friday Art Walk, and ends with ice skating in the desert at CityScape – and stops at numerous iconic local landmarks along the way.”
The series begins as ASU launches the Urban Devil smartphone app, designed by students in the New Media Innovation Lab at the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication to help students find things to do on campus and in the surrounding area.
The Downtown Phoenix campus is home to close to 10,000 full-time students pursuing academic programs in the College of Health Solutions, the College of Nursing and Health Innovation, the College of Public Programs, the Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College, the School of Letters and Sciences and the Cronkite School.
Information on each event can be found on the Urban Devil app or at urbandevil.asu.edu. All events are open to ASU students, faculty and staff.
The Discover Phoenix series starts Sept. 7 with the monthly First Friday Art Walk. Subsequent events will take place throughout the semester.
Sept. 7, 7 p.m.
Sept. 28, 7 p.m.
Oct. 6, noon
Oct. 20, noon
Oct. 30, 7 p.m.
Nov. 28, 8 p.m.
Dec. 8, 7 p.m.